Who We Are
(and Who We Are Not)
You’ve probably already noticed that The Calling isn’t like other religious organizations. First off, we’re not anything like a standard ‘church.’ We don’t have a building or even a specific location, no preacher, no choir, no arguments over the color of the carpeting, no behind-the-scenes mega-organization telling us what to do and how to think…
At The Calling, we do take the Bible literally…where it says we have the mind of Christ living inside us. Through prayer, study, meditation and diligent application of Christ’s teachings to our daily lives, we work toward living the fullness of God in the here and now. From Paul, writing to the Ephesians:
“For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” Ephesians 3:14
In other words, The Calling is about true religion: we are devoted to re-legare (re-unite) humanity. The Calling is Jesus’ kind of religion, dedicated and devoted to the transformation that happens through the renewing of our minds, exactly as it says in Romans 12.
The Leadership of The Calling
We are a small group of people living in Tennessee, California…and Austria! We’re pretty normal-looking folks with regular lives. We have come together for one primary purpose: to set the captives free. One of our major means is to remove the obscurity and confusion surrounding God’s Holy Name, and to show how the Name is a precious gift that will transform your life. Another is to re-present the truths of the Bible, minus all the misperceptions and obfuscations that have muddied the truth for centuries. The third is to live what we teach! Our book “One Becomes One” tells the tale of how we live our lives.
The Calling is a non-denominational Christ-ian outreach; a web-based gathering of people dedicated to God-consciousness. Every day, we work to be scrupulously honest in all of our dealings. We write and type all the documents and books ourselves, and we also write, play, record and produce all of the music and videos.
Our official name is “The Church of Yahweh,” a registered, legal non-profit 501(c)(3) charity in the United States. On the advice of council, we are registered using a church-based name. For many years, The Church of Yahweh was the name we used on everything, but the word “church” has become…well, you know.
It’s because of the ‘well, you know’ that we are listing who we are not, in order to answer questions (and accusations).
Who We Are NOT:
• It seems crazy to have to say this, but The Calling is NOT A CULT. We don’t have a compound (or even a location), we don’t have a charismatic (or psychopathic) leader, we don’t require your obeisance, and your family fortune is safe!
• The Calling is NOT IN IT FOR THE MONEY. That’s not to say we don’t need monetary support, but we pray you will voluntarily tithe where you are spiritually fed.
• We’re NOT IN THE BRAINWASHING BUSINESS. Many churches seem to equate ‘faith’ with blind acceptance of whatever the church teaches. We present many facts and many views, interpretations, opinions and ways of seeing the world, but implore and insist that you make up your own mind with prayerful guidance. We invite (and even demand) that you think about, research and struggle with this material.
• While many of the ideas presented at The Calling seem foreign to people’s ‘normal’ way of thinking, we are NOT WEIRDOS. Our material is based upon Scripture, reason and the witness of science…which, come to think of it, just might be the problem! We don’t use crystals, channel the dead, rely upon our horoscopes – you get the picture.
• We’re NOT THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN. We’re not the ‘chosen ones’ and more than you are. We’re not the second coming; we’re not prophets or saints, and we’re not the only ones in the world who know this stuff.
• We’re NOT TRYING TO ‘TOOT OUR OWN HORN.’ All of this information is presented freely, and we lay no claim to originality. We didn’t invent God’s Name, its’ meaning nor the vertical spelling that forms a pictogram of a human – these are ‘secrets’ closely held by the Hebrew religious hierarchy since Moses.
• The ‘we’ behind The Calling are NOT IMPORTANT, but the material we present may be the most important information known to humankind. The information is what matters; not who delivers it. The message is far greater than any messenger.
There are many, many religious organizations on the web today that are revealed by a search about God’s Name. The Calling can be found through the following names:
We’re not the “house of” anything, and we’re not affiliated with any other group, organization or church. We’re sorry to have to make this disclaimer, but identity is a precious commodity in this over-saturated world.
It’s good to know who you are; it’s also important to know who you are NOT. Do you know? The Calling can help you find out.
The Calling…is calling YOU!